8 April 2012

Pretty Toes!

Konnichiwa.

After receiving my nail art gems in the mail the other day, I decided I would paint my toe nails and add a few gems to it!

What I used..





Firstly I started off with Collection 2000 2 in 1 Base Coat. It's the starting point for any of my nail art. Also in the image is the Collection 2000 2 in 1 Top Coat, the finisher to my nail art!



Here we have the box of gems in a variety of colours and an old mechanical pencil with a bit of blue-tac (it's white, really) for picking up the gems and placing them on the nails.



The colour I used for the nail art was recently bought 193 Black Cherries by Rimmel.

A quick run down of what I did.
  1. File and shape toe nails.
  2. Apply base coat, wait to dry.
  3. Apply first coat of polish colour, wait to try.
  4. Apply second coat of polish colour.
  5. Quickly dab on gems where needed while polish is still wet.
  6. Wait for nails to completely dry. (I usually use a hair dryer on cold to help it along)
  7. Apply a generous layer of top coat, wait to dry.

Then you should have this..

Very basic design, but very affective. The gems have lasted on my toes for the whole weekend, and they still seem pretty strong. I won't be changing the design until one falls off or it chips a lot. So I'm very impressed.

Simple but affective.

What do you think?

Have you tried using gems in your nail art before?

0 comments:

Post a Comment